We are a boutique law firm in Mooloolaba, seeking an experienced Conveyancing / Strata Paralegal to join the team and take ownership of our expanding portfolio of conveyancing & strata matters.
Employment type: Full time flexible
Hours: 28 -35hrs per week
Salary: $45k- $55k negotiable, depending on skill and experience, and hours worked
The focus of this role is to help deliver strategic solutions in strata law, particularly within the broad practice areas of management rights, body corporate and property development. Specifically, to ensure all conveyancing files (whether domestic, development or management rights) and strata (new by-laws, MLR term extensions and new MLR agreements) are completed correctly from receipt of initial instructions to closing of file.
About the Role
This is a varied and exciting role. The duties can range from conveyancing in large scale off the plan strata sales, though to helping set up two lot (duplex) complexes.
Other regular files including new by-laws, assisting with strata disputes and a variety of management rights transactions; for example, new agreements, amendments or extension to current agreements or acting for management rights buyers or sellers.
As with all positions at Stratum Legal there is space to expand your skill set or to find and conquer your niche. What you make of the position and where you take it is up to you – we empower our staff to take ownership of their positions and to create value for them and for our clients.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Management Rights Transactions
- Conveyancing transactions
- Body Corporate transactions
- File Management
- Billing & Finance
- Secretarial support to lawyers
- Assisting with tasks on litigation files
- Assisting with marketing activities
This position is available for commencement early to mid February.
Salary is negotiable, based on skill and experience.
Hours are also negotiable – see Workplace Flexibility below.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 3 years legal experience
- Paralegal and conveyancing experience
- File Management
Skills & Qualities
Essential skills and qualities:
- Able to analysis information and instructions;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and efficient time management skills;
- Problem solve and decision making;
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes and government regulations relating to conveyancing;
- Experience with Outlook, Practice Management Software (Actionstep), Word and Excel;
Desirable skills and qualities:
- Minimum typing speed of 55 wpm
We are interested in hearing from you if you
- Have 3 + years in conveyancing or strata as a paralegal or a conveyancer;
- Have strong communication, relationship building and client management skills;
- Have a level of high attention to detail as well as strong computer skills;
- Are well presented, organized, efficient and have excellent time management; and
- Are self motivated and thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving positive team environment.
At Stratum Legal Pty Ltd we offer a flexible workplace. We see that this role may be ideal for someone who wants to work ‘school hours’. We ask all our staff what hours best suit their need, and then build the role to suit.
What’s in it for you
This role offers a chance to work in Mooloolaba, a generous salary package and ongoing mentorship.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Michael Kleinschmidt on 0408676 312
To be considered for this position, please email your resume (preferably in PDF format) to Michael Kleinschmidt: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.